I always like comparing my new years resolutions from the year before and current. I like keeping these not just for completing goals but also to see what’s different in my world, as the years go by. It’s fun and interesting to me to see how I’ve changed and how things important to me change over time as well. Every year I have new insights and developments that do something to totally adjust my perspectives and resolutions. As expected, my new years resolutions from 2010 to 2011 are pretty different. Thought I’d show y’all resolutions from both then and now, spiced up with some favorite pictures of 2010.
1. Start a new blog. X
3. Make and maintain best friend’s blog with Meg. (I get a half for this one. We started but failed to maintain. Boo.)
4. Look into and prepare for transferring to four year university. X (One-upped myself here!)
6. Learn to better balance friends,work,marriage, school,etc. X
7. Be more honest. Especially with myself, in my writing, and with my friends. X
8.Average at least going/trying one new thing a week. (Hm. I don’t know. I did a lot of new things frequently but didn’t keep up, and I don’t want to lie.)
9. Travel with the husband. X
10.Be a good wife. Work on my temper. Learn to cook and clean better. Um, much better. X
12. Publish something I write. (No, and I think I’m going to let this one go. I’ve discovered in 2010 that I don’t actually want to pursue a career in writing. When I feel forced to write something, I feel bored and inhibited and it comes out crappy. This is something, I’ve learned, that I do solely for fun. If something of mine ever happened to get published somehow, great. But it’s not a goal of mine anymore and that feels very relieving.)
14. Learn to say no. X
15. Buy a house. X
11 1/2 Out of 15 ain’t too shabby,eh?
-Learn/Have fun in upcoming Martial Arts class.
-Don’t break phone (This is going to be a hard one for me)
-Try 5 new sushi restaurants.
-Go to at least three events (Plays, Concerts,etc) in Austin.
-Look into finding a better paying job. (I figure 22 will be a good age to start searching. But leaving S-bux will be such a sad day for me….)
-Organize by using calendar (I bought a giant one for a dollar at Target!), folders, writing neater,etc.
-Be more financially responsible.
-Read and Finish a book, on average, every 2-3 weeks.
-Maintain and Better on-campus radio show.
-Make only A’s and B’s.
-Try more outdoor activities (basketball,hiking,etc)
-Improve my skills in bowling league.
-Help community in multiple,creative ways.
-Focus less on cultivating new relationships and more on maintaining the ones I already have.
-Meet a famous person. (Pretty much everyone I know has met a famous person(s). It’s not hard. There’s always somebody who is someone somewhere. Still,the closest I’ve got so far is some dude who made salsa.)
-Ride a mechanical bull (This is also on my bucket list, so it’ll be a two for one.)
I have a lot more resolutions this year than last, but I do have faith that I can accomplish a good amount. I’ve already started on the travelling and am trying a new sushi place with a friend today. There’s too much to do and not enough time to waste. Plus, my husband kind of thinks we’re about to all turn into zombies what with all of these dead birds randomly falling out of the air. I feel this is a teensy bit of a longshot,but it gives me an excuse to get a move on.