The past couple of weeks have been whirlwinds. Happy whirlwinds, but whirlwinds. After getting back from vacation last Sunday, I went back to work for a few days only to go out of town again this weekend. The next few weeks are also going to be wonderfully busy. I’m currently joyfully exhausted.
To catch y’all up, here are some notes and smiles from this past week:
- Hubby and I went back to his hometown of Port Neches, Texas this weekend for his mommy’s birthday. They surprised her by inviting her close friends and family to Pappadeaux’s (yummy Cajun food) and reserving the biggest room available. I almost started bawling while watching the digital photo collage husband’s sister made for my mom-in-law. The love my second family has for each-other is admirable and amazing, and the world would be a lot less bitter if everyone could experience what the Boudreauxs have. A night spent drinking and laughing and eating with them was just a little slice of perfect.
- As being out of town brought us so close to state lines, Husband and I drove over to Louisiana yesterday afternoon. I bought a liquor slushy and we played some slot poker. All of this cost us about twenty dollars and left us with new memories and lots of smiles to show for. I love our adventures. And not to be crazy cheesy or anything, but, this boy and I? Oh boy. This marriage-love thingy just keeps getting better and better.
- My summer nanny job ends in August. The kids and I both start school and though I’ll babysit on date nights, the full-time thing won’t work for us in the fall. I’ve been going back and forth lately attempting to decide where I’d like to find a part-time job when my busy school schedule starts up again. Luckily, Gwen, the mommy/my boss, is pretty freaking amazing. She’s gone out of her way to tell her friends (and to tell her friends to tell THEIR friends) with kids that I am looking for part-time work. The other day she emailed her friend and me at once, as way of an easy introduction for both parties. Here’s a little excerpt from said email that convinced me even more that I have the sweetest boss ever:
“She’s been awesome juggling the three girls (not an easy task as you know!) and they all love her. I’m going to be sad to see her go but plan on calling her for date nights and things going forward. (Your son) would be in great hands and I can’t say enough good about her.”
- My nineteen year old brother left a photo comment on my facebook a few days ago that had me giggling. Here’s what he said: “You look beautiful dear sister you’ve grown up a lot since the days when you had your Harry Potter glasses lol, love you” ……Below is a picture of the days he was talking about:
- I just received a pretty postcard from my best friend, who is currently in Spain. As much as I love mail, I’m even more excited to have Meggie here with me in Texas in A WEEK AND A HALF! EEEEK! Can you tell I’m a little bit excited? I’m anticipating a week of nonstop manic giggling, peeing in pants, staying up until all hours of the morning and getting lost on basically every adventure we go on. I can’t wait.
- My blogger friend/now good real life friend Jenny said something recently in email correspondence that I just had to ask permission to quote her on. She and I have both encountered some similar life experiences and types of people in our twenty-something years, and she sometimes says things I have felt or feel exactly. In this particular instance she articulated words I especially agreed with. Here it is:
- “Jealousy is such a useless emotion…..if you’re jealous, do something with your life that makes you happy instead of seething in front of your monitor and being upset about someone else’s happiness. “ Couldn’t have said it better myself.