Since meeting my blogging friend Jenny in person about a month ago, we’ve been emailing back and forth collaborating on starting a project together. This weekend over coffee, we put together the finishing touches and worked out the final details. The idea is a video blog and is called “Take Ten (Pass One Down) Tuesday. ” Here’s the plan in a nutshell: We find someone each Tuesday to write us out a list of ten questions. (Jenny and I wrote questions for each other the first time around.) We answer nine of the questions and with the one remaining find someone else to ask and video blog. This adds a little variety and gives us a good excuse to video friends/ family/ fellow bloggers/ random strangers once every week. Even with ten questions, we want to keep each video under 5 minutes. We’re cool and exciting and all, but probably not 30 minutes out of your day cool and exciting. Even with 5 minutes, it’s taken me parts of three days to finish this first video. It’s still a bit messy. I giggle and ramble a lot and the editing could be better. I’ve mostly done silly video blogs in the past, and being serious is HARD and a bit nerve wracking for me. I tried though, and had a lot of fun while trying. So. Here is my very first Take Ten (Pass One Down) Tuesday. ( Pps: If anyone else wants to join in, please feel free. Jenny was an awesome partner in crime for this one because she is local AND a blogger and amazing, but I’d love to also see more of you other amazing people talking to my computer screen. )
Ppps: I know a couple of you can’t watch video blogs, so here are Cliff Note’s of my giggly, rambling answers:
1. Do blondes have more fun?: I have equal amounts of fun with every hair color. Even when my hair ends up accidentally being green or orange.
2. What is your absolute favorite song?: I really can’t pick one. But if I had to, it’s currently ‘Someone, Somewhere’ by Jason Reeves.
3.What is your favorite childhood memory?: Going to my great grandma’s house and exploring her warehouse of bought out storage sheds.
4.What is one band you detest that everyone else loves? : Not a band, but Niki Manaj. And Nickelback, but no one really likes them.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?: Pee on the seat and People who can never admit when they’re wrong.
6. If you could choose, would you rather time travel or read minds? : Read minds. Definitely.
7. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?: Not exactly advice, but “Everything happens for a reason.” , which my old boss passionately believed and made me believe too.
8. What are you most afraid of? : People that I love dying,especially the hubby.
9. What book makes you cry?: “Good Grief”- Lolly Winston.
10. What question did you NOT want me to ask?: I let husband answer this one, because I couldn’t think of one. He told me he didn’t want me to ask him what he was doing. To which I promptly asked, “What are you doing?” Ha.