I woke up this morning feeling a bit hungover, and trudged my way over to the back door to let my dogs outside. Once I opened the door, a strange thing happened. I paused, confused. Where was the heat?! Still groggy, I lifted my hands up in the air and said, “What is this….What is this…..?” Hopefully no neighbors have good enough ears to hear my instantaneously honest reaction to our weather. Though I’m sure they’d understand. It was 75 degrees late this morning here in Austin, Texas. It’s usually in the 90’s by then, and that’s the high for today. No more 107 degree days. I just sat outside with my coffee for a moment, in complete and happy awe. (Now if only all of these horrible fires would go away……)
This weather mixed with life lately has been like one giant burst of fresh air. Here’s some more happy things from this past week:
- My Little (of Big Brothers Big Sisters) turned 16 on Saturday. Sixteen! We’ve also been matched a little over a year now. This makes me happy. She’s the best sixteen year old I know. And as a 22 year old female, I must say that I had a blast shopping for this girl’s birthday presents.
- I picked up a second part-time babysitting job this week. I posted an ad on Sittercity and two days later I had a job. Cool,eh? I must add that this is partly due to Gwen, whom I nannied for this summer and used as a reference. She apparently talked me up for 20 minutes on the phone. I love her. And her girls. I watched them Saturday night, and I have to say this is more like a treat than working. Free pizza, an old school Powerangers movie and getting paid to see three of my favorite little ladies…..what more could I ask for? When I was putting Mary to bed, I took a picture of her with her bunny ears on. She proceeded to tell me who I couldn’t show the picture to and then said, “Don’t face it on facebook!” So. I won’t face it on facebook. But she didn’t tell me I couldn’t blog it on my blog….
- Husband and I plan on purchasing our tickets for vacation this weekend as long as everything goes as planned. Speaking of this dude. Sometimes I can’t help but be astonished by how good we’ve grown to be together. We rarely fight. We lead pretty separate, independent lives but both get giddy seeing each-other after a long day. We’re always laughing. We’ve learned to compromise. We’ve just gotten to this place where we’re totally comfortable and know the other so completely, but at the same time still get googly-eyed and have amazing sex. << Don’t worry, I can say that ‘cuz I’m married. Hee.
- It’s been a fun and long weekend with the friends. Thursday night I invited my blogging/now real life friend Jenny over to watch the podcast I do with a few dude friends. These boys have become a lot like big brothers to me and Jenny is awesome, so of course everyone got along splendidly. I love introducing cool people to other cool people. Friday was girl’s night at Tessa’s. This night involved a lot of hardcore giggling. Last night was a small shindig at my house. I got to see my best dude friend, Mr.Phamvu (whom I haven’t seen in forever. ) AND three of my closest girlfriends. Score. Around two in the morning everyone started trickling out (or in Prsicilla’s case passing out on the couch), but Deesh and Katie and I were up until 4 in the morning talking about anything and everything. It was one of those conversations that lasted forever and left me feeling mentally replenished and a little bit wiser. Also, it was the first time I’ve ever seen Deesh tipsy. That was fun. As far as the above pictured texting conversation goes, I’m afraid it wasn’t nearly as intelligent as our in-person one. But it does make me laugh a bunch.
- See that spray in the above picture? It looks like Windex right? No! I bought the generic dollar version. It’s called “Window.” This tickles me.