Finals are coming up. I have about 53423423 projects to complete before then. It’s crunch time. My brain might explode. Before this happens, here’s some life updates from yours truly:
- Above is the four year old little dude I nanny. If it looks like he has a dog bowl on his head, this is simply because he does.
- Have you ever tried Torchy’s Tacos? You must. The fried avocado taco thingy does dirty things with my mouth. This is a good thing.
- Above are the two girlies who accompany me on most of my school lunch dates. I adore them.
- Becca (above left), and I have somehow managed to unintentionally have classes together every semester. We both started last fall, and met as we just so happened to share two classes. The next semester we shared another class, and this is where we really bonded and became close friends. This semester, we marveled at both sharing Government together without having planned it this way. As our majors are entirely different and we’re both upperclassmen now, we thought for sure we’d never share another class. This saddened our hearts but we had accepted it. Talking over tacos yesterday, I mentioned my schedule. When I grudgingly mentioned a required religion course, Becca announced, “I think I’m taking that too.” Considering there’s different times for the same class, we were hesitantly excited. She checked her schedule, and she too is taking the same class, Tuesdays/Thursdays from 2:30-3:45. We were both rather giddy about this. What are the chances? Our friendship is obviously meant to be.
- Ever heard of Dude Perfect? (Click to see a crazy awesome video) They started out as these college dudes from Texas who made crazy basketball shots from their backyard and posted them on YouTube. Now they’re famous for making basketball shots from the top of football stadiums and airplanes and stuff. They are, in two words, bad ass. Well. Two brothers (twins,at that) of Dude Perfect came to my university and spoke for my Communication Technology class on Tuesday. I was excited. I didn’t know who they were before, but hell, they have a book and they’ve been on CBS (and Fox and Good Morning America and….) and Jimmy Kimmel even talked about them. Did I mention they make basketball shots from planes? Also, I’m easily starstruck. When I asked to get a picture with them, the whole class laughed. When I got a picture with them, one mentioned, ” You just make us feel cool.” Ha. I do what I can.
- Lookit (above) how beautiful my school looks all lit up and festive! Christmas and Concordia are two things that make me super happy. The combination of the two makes me want to jump up and down like a five year old.
- Today was payday, and I decided to treat myself with a 20 dollar shopping spree to the mall. (20 dollars gets me two new shirts, a new pair of pink panties and a matching sexy new bra.) On the way out, I couldn’t find my car. Anywhere. I walked up and down the parking lot many times, and was convinced it had just disappeared. It didn’t help that it was raining. I was cold and sopping wet and distraught. I called my husband panicking. He found it amusing. Things like this happen to me a lot. We argued for a while about calling mall-security to help drive me around. I found this pointless, as I was convinced my car was gone forever. And having the mall-cop drive you around looking for a car you’ve misplaced is just a wee bit embarrassing. I refused, and instead resorted to pouting on the phone while also getting rained on some more. I’m very strategic in situations like this. Husband ended up keeping me on his work phone while calling mall security on his cell-phone. I informed him that this was stupid, because my car was gone. Obviously. He was convinced that I had just walked into a different entrance than I originally thought. Mall-cop shows up and drives me around for about three minutes. I am equal parts humiliated and excited to spot my car. Husband was right. I parked on the other side of JCPenney’s. Oops. I bashfully tell mall-cop thank-you, hop into my car and call Robby. He chuckles when I tell him what he already knew. I ask, “Are you mad at me?” To which he replies, “Nah. I’m used to you.” That’s good to know.
- I haven’t been keeping up with the weekly video blog I’m supposed to do. Below, I video blog to tell you that I will be video blogging again soon.
If my brain does explode, at least I was happy and life was eventful beforehand.