On our way back from an incredible week long vacation, my husband and I stopped at one of those Texas-sized gas stations that is basically a mix between a thrift shop, a bakery and a Walmart. The two of us traveling together is already very much like two kids in a candy store. So naturally, he picked peanut butter fudge and I, mint chocolate chip ice cream. Standing there as he purchased our treats was such a simple but perfect moment. After a wonderful week away, I was still eagerly looking forward to heading home with my dude. Anticipating all of the things waiting for me back in Austin left me happy just basking in the knowledge of having so very much to come home to.
- I’m really excited to tell y’all that I’ve recently started a Communication Internship at the Red Cross. This is the end of my second week and I’m already smitten. How could I not be!? I have my own office, wrote my first official press release (which I giddily emailed to local news stations) and am tickled by the staff means for stress relief, which is permitting employee dogs to scamper around the office. (Pictured below is Joy, the little fur-ball that has already stolen my heart.)
- I’m graduating in TWO months.
- I have a pretty adorable little family.
- And romantic girlfriends who treat me to margaritas, music and candlelight upon my return from vacation.
- Crazy-cool-amazing summer adventures have already started (A giant ‘To Be Continued’ goes here. My schedule has me forever behind on blogging life updates.)
- Ideal internship, cute family, sweet friends, upcoming graduation, amazing adventures and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Coming home is a lovely thing indeed.